*Paid Advertisement. Not financial advice. RugDoc is not responsible for the projects showcased here. DYOR and ape safu.
Decentralized applications (DApps) offer excellent opportunities to do more with your crypto than just HODL. There’s a lot to explore when it comes to decentralized finance, games, and marketplaces. DApps require you to connect your wallet and grant them permission to make signed transactions before you can use them. You can do this with WalletConnect.
The WalletConnect protocol allows your wallet to communicate with DApps and other wallets. You connect your wallet to the DApp by scanning a QR code or clicking a deep link. Users can also receive push notifications if incoming transactions are detected. WalletConnect is found in Android and iOS mobile wallets like Trust Wallet and MetaMask.
On desktop and mobile, connecting to a DApp using WalletConnect differs. The process is the same and shouldn’t take too long. Try all the steps again if you have trouble connecting, which sometimes happens. Please check your wallet’s compatibility with WalletConnect before proceeding.
1. Launch the DApp you want to connect to. In this example we will use PancakeSwap. You should see a [Connect] button in the top right corner of most DApps.
2. Click the [Connect] button if you’re using a desktop browser. Your wallet will now be connected via a pop-up. You will see a QR code.
3. Your WalletConnect mobile wallet needs to scan the QR code. To connect, we will use Trust Wallet.
4. You can find WalletConnect under [Settings] in Trust Wallet. You can then scan the QR code with your camera by selecting this option.
5. After scanning the QR code, your wallet will display a pop-up. Connecting your wallet to the DApp is as simple as tapping [Connect]. You’ll now be connected and can disconnect if necessary by tapping [Cancel] on the top left corner.
6. Additionally, you might want to connect to a DApp through your mobile device’s browser. The steps are the same as always. Rather than a QR code, you’ll find a list of wallets to choose from. You’ll then be redirected to step 5 after selecting your wallet, in our case, Trust Wallet.
7. WalletConnect can also be used to confirm transactions while you’re connected. We have created a simple BNB to BUSD swap in PancakeSwap. Once we have confirmed the details, we’ll click the [Confirm Swap] button.
8. Upon confirming your transaction, a popup will appear in your wallet. Confirm that your transaction is correct by pressing the confirm button.
When you’re done with a DApp, disconnect your wallet from it. In addition, you should always verify that the DApp you’re connecting to is trusted and that you’re accessing it at the right URL. Lastly, you can improve your security by restarting your app and refreshing your browser after connecting to a DApp.
WalletConnect is a popular tool within the DeFi DApp community. You can access a variety of different services through this tool, which only takes a few minutes to learn. WalletConnect is a useful tool for accessing DApps while on the go, as cryptocurrency wallets become more mobile.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.