If you are wondering if you can connect your Trust Wallet to DApps like PancakSwap, then you are in the right place! Follow this guide to connect DApps with your Trust Wallet using WalletConnect instead of the DApp browser. By using WalletConnect on a mobile or desktop device, you can connect to services like PancakeSwap and SushiSwap.
Trust Wallet DApp Browser – what is it? #
Trust Wallet browser is a fully functional Web3 browser that allows you to use any DApp. In addition, it provides a simple and secure connection between you and Binance Smart Chain or Ethereum-based DApps. Including the likes of PancakeSwap, SushiSwap, and UniSwap.
The secure and intuitive mobile app was Binance’s first acquisition back in 2018.
Why was the DApp Browser Removed from Trust Wallet? #
The DApp Browser was removed (for iOS users) within Trust App in June 2020 to comply with the new Apple app store guidelines. To be listed in the iOS App Store, all apps must follow a set of guidelines.
Unfortunately, Dapps are considered “code not embedded in the binary” and as such must meet specific criteria to be included in an iOS app.
Trust Wallet tried to resolve this issue but had to remove the feature from future releases.
Some users (including Every Bit Helps) found a solution by adding the Dapp Browser back to the Trust App. The hack has now been made impossible by Apple’s latest update.
In order to connect Trust Wallet to PancakeSwap and other DApps, iOS users must use the WalletConnect feature.
What is WalletConnect? #
WalletConnect is an open-source protocol, used in a variety of decentralized applications and wallets. A QR code can be scanned with your mobile phone camera to connect decentralized applications (Dapps) to mobile wallets.
Once WalletConnect is supported, users can interact securely with any Dapp using their mobile (without having to use a Dapp browser) just as long as the app supports it.
Connecting Trust Wallet to PancakeSwap (Mobile & Desktop) #
To connect Trust Wallet to PancakeSwap and DApps you’ll need to use the WalletConnect option from within your Trust App and connect this to a browser on your desktop/laptop.
- Open a browser on a desktop (or laptop) and navigate to PancakeSwap. Click “Connect” in the top right. From the list of supported wallets, select “WalletConnect“
2. Open the Trust App on your phone. Go to the “Settings” icon at the bottom of the screen. Choose “WalletConnect“. With your mobile device, scan the QR code showing up on your desktop/latop screen.
3. On your App, you will be prompted with “PancakeSwap wants to connect to your wallet“, from here press onto “Connect”. Go back to your browser. Your wallet will then be connected in the top right of the screen. WalletConnect must remain open in your app to stay established.
How to Connect Trust Wallet to PancakeSwap (Mobile Only) #
WalletConnect can also be used to connect to PancakeSwap if you only intend to use it on your mobile device (and not a desktop or laptop). It’ll be the closest thing to a browser experience.
- Open a browser on your mobile device and navigate to PancakeSwap. Click “Connect” in the top right. Select “WalletConnect” from the list of supported wallets. Ensure that you are on the “Mobile” tab and select “Trust” from the list of preferred wallets
2. On your Trust App, you will be prompted with “PancakeSwap wants to connect to your wallet“, from here press onto “Connect“. Go back to your browser on your mobile.
Your wallet will then be connected in the top right of the screen. Keep WalletConnect open on your App to ensure the connection remains established.
Connect Your Wallet to PancakeSwap – PancakeSwap. (2020, January 1). Https://Docs.Pancakeswap.Finance/Get-Started/Connection-Guide. https://docs.pancakeswap.finance/get-started/connection-guide