A MasterChef contract is a smart contract written in Solidity that controls what a farm can do and how. It is the master code that runs all operations. We can check a MasterChef to make sure a farm can’t do anything malicious or easily exploitable by reading its code and looking for rugs, bugs, or exploitable code.
There are several ways you can find a MasterChef:
- Most Farms will be listed on RugDoc.io: RugDoc Farms List. Once there, search for the farm and click the “Masterchef” button. This will take you to the BscScan contract page for the MasterChef.
- Ask the team directly on their chat, email, Twitter, etc or see if it’s in their community posts: often a pinned comment in Telegram chat will include or link to this information.
- You can check their GitHub repository to see if they have a link to their contract – but make sure you have a link to a BscScan verified contract. A BscScan verified contract will be legible and it will have a little checkmark on top.
- You can check the farm website and look through their documents and blog (usually on medium.com) to see if they have a contracts section. If they have an audit you can also check what the audit links to or references. This is also a good way to find out if an audit is real vs fake.
- You can go to their token contract, click on the contract creator for the token contract, and then go through the created contracts that creator has made until you find the chef
- If the farm is live, you can check to see what contract your interaction is with by approving the farm and looking at the transaction details. Check out this article for more information on how to find the contract you’re interacting with.