In order to receive Kadena (KDA) tokens, you will need to install Chainweaver, which is the official software wallet for the Kadena public blockchain, create an account and get your Kadena (KDA) address.
Create a new wallet #
- Go to the official site: https:///www.kadena.io/chainweaver and click ‘Create a new wallet’.
- Create a strong, secret and unique password, enter it in the field correspondingly, and click ‘Continue’.
- Next, you must acknowledge that you are solely responsible for securing your recovery phrase.
- Write down your 12-word recovery phrase or click “copy” and save your recovery phrase somewhere safely.
- Verify that you have correctly recorded your recovery phrase.
- Once completed, you will see a Wallet Created success screen.
Add an account
- Unlock your Chainweaver Wallet by entering the password
- Click ‘Add Account’ from the toolbar in the Wallet section.
- Fill in the Account Name and it’s Done!
Interface Overview #
Chainweaver’s interface consists of three main elements, Network Display, Sections Menu, Main Viewer.
Network Display: This display bar persists across all screen views with Chainweaver, so you will always know the network with which you are interacting.
Section Menu (Left bar): Use this menu to go to different Sections
- Accounts: Display of all added accounts and their status across chains. Deposit and withdraw KDA
- Keys: Display of all public keys generated within the wallet
- Contracts: Write, deploy and interact with smart contracts
- Resources: Reference helpful support materials
- Settings: Configures wallet and network settings
- Logout: Logout of the desktop application
Main Viewer (Center screen): This is where you interact with the section you have chosen from the Sections Menu
Upgrading Chainweaver is essential for keeping your crypto assets sage and enjoying new features for interacting with the Kadena blockchain ecosystem. The latest version of Chainweaver will always be available for download at https://www.kadena.io/chainweaver.